Visit our Online Flea Market!

April 23, 2012

Repurposing is the New Green

Let's kick off Earth Day Week with some charming repurposing.

Darling spoon votive holder.

Recipe for a repurposed desk:
2 wood milk crates
1 small closet door
faux leather fabric
upholstery nail heads
Easy-peasy and so portable, this desk is ideal
for a small apartment or dorm room.


What do you do with a wrecked motorcycle?
Turn it into a recliner!

Isn't this one of the cutest picnic tables you've ever seen? 


These photos prove that you can make a lamp out of just about anything:


A metal shoe horn, a telephone pole insulator, and bicycle parts - yup, it's a lamp!


This vintage bug sprayer lamp is the bomb.



Leave it to Martha to turn a vegetable into a stationary accessory.



Who wouldn't love a greenhouse, especially
one made from discarded windows?



Another charming example of repurposing old shutters.




Don't have room for an herb garden?  These soda bottles
were hung from the eave of the roof and, while not 
aesthetically pleasing to the eye, were kept out of the landfill.  


 
  A bread box cleverly hides the
  family's recharging station.






Anamu


      Hide the router in a book cover.

Vintage ironing boards are so versatile.  I saw one last week
at the local Habitat for Humanity thrift store for only $10!


Old wood crates and chicken wire - voile, a wine cellar.

Hope these ingenious repurposing ideas were inspiring.
Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog. I am so glad to have found you too. Your blog is delightful. So many fantastic ideas and inspirations. Look forward to reading lots more. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comments! The blogisphere is teeming with the most wonderful people - I'm so glad we're following each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! love all of them. Thanks for posting them and for following me. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following my blog! I'm especially glad to visit yours. I love the router makeover - I have a similar problem, but now I'm going to hide it...thanks for sharing such lovely makeovers! Sharon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that picnic table! Thanks for sharing. Also, thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this page the re-purposing of the soda bottles is real nice I plan to do the same to our coke zero bottles, I can't get them to stop drinking the stuff but I can keep it from hitting a landfill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this page the re-purposing of the soda bottles is real nice I plan to do the same to our coke zero bottles, I can't get them to stop drinking the stuff but I can keep it from hitting a landfill.

    ReplyDelete