Visit our Online Flea Market!

January 25, 2013


Ye$, it'$ that time again:  your $emi-annual warning/alert to $natch up Mid-Century
credenza$ before they're completely out-of-$ight (availability-wi$e) and out-of-$ight (price-wi$e).


We go through thi$ every 6 months - I nag remind you about inve$ting in a Mid-Century piece and you act as if you'll li$ten but you don't.  Maybe this po$ting will change your mind.











































  








































Not only are credenzas beautiful pieces of furniture, they're incredibly
versatile.  Whether used as a sideboard, to provide additional storage, or
simply to display a collection, credenzas are an excellent investment.
    


















































































Just a few years ago you could expect to pick up a Mid-Century credenza at
a thrift store for under $100.  Prices now range from $500 to $800 and up
in antique shops with top of the line credenzas going for thousands of dollars
at high-end auction houses.  But, don't worry.  I'll remind you in another 6 months!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, thanks for popping by and saying hello!! I feel overdosed with gorgeousness looking through your posts! So much inspiration! Thankyou for your kind words, I 'm just starting out on my new blog and absolutely love anything inspirational. Your blog has it all!! Karen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I completely agree with your thoughts on midcentury credenza's! I think they are beautiful (heavy, but beautiful). I was lucky enough to snag a Broyhill Brasilia at a garage sale over the summer. I hope you have a chance to stop by and take a look at it: http://itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-brasilia-bedroom.html. Thanks for sharing all of the different credenza's!

    JQ @
    http://itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh, I love the Brasilia you posted on August 18, 2012! What a great find - don't you feel proud of yourself? That's quality furniture that will serve you well and you'll carry it through life. Many years from now you'll look back on your decorating style and be amazed that you had such great taste at such a young age! -- Jan

      Delete
  3. I am going to have to show this post to my daughter. This is her favorite style of furnishings.
    These photos are so beuitful . . . they could even make a convert out of me :)
    Thank you for sharing.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan wow! Those are wonderful. I have a mid-century modern home. We love it! The sellers had a credenza, too. I loved the way they had it ready to show. We bought it a year ago September. Thanks for the post of great modern stuff, which I completely love.

    ReplyDelete